Contract Drilling and Blasting
Even with the advancement in geotechnology services, rock excavation has always been a sensitive subject when it comes to overall excavation, especially due to project costs resulting from unforeseen conditions. However, blasting can be a powerful tool to produce efficient and less costly ways to handle rock material in civil, commercial, residential, quarry and mining projects.
Safety – Bloomsdale Excavating has a very proactive safety program, especially when it comes to drilling and blasting. All our field personnel are MSHA, OSHA trained and certified. We hold a significant number of State of Missouri and, where required, county licenses. As an addition, BE blasters are knowledgeable in ATF, state, county and municipality specific rules and regulations.
In the course of normal processes, BE includes all pre-blast surveys, monitoring of vibration and air overpressure to ensure all levels are safe and meet regulations.
Bloomsdale Excavating provides contract drilling and blasting services for:
- Site development – Excavation and grading associated with mass grading projects
- Trenching for site utilities
- Surface mining – Drilling and/or blasting for overburden removal, production drilling and/or blasting
- Specialized situations – In-close blasting for residential, utilities, hazardous rock removal. All in-close blasting addresses fly rock using blasting mats, additional overburden and other scientific methods.
- Stand-alone drilling services – Production materials drilling, exploratory drilling, anchoring, presplit drilling